Cosy up and celebrate your relationship with the perfect at-home anniversary…
Everyone loves an anniversary. Whether you’re recognising another year of happy marriage, a milestone in your relationship, or even the date you met your best friend, they’re a great excuse to celebrate.
This being said, you don’t need to go out to enjoy your anniversary. Sometimes it’s better to cosy on up at home with a special drink to toast and embrace some true one-on-one time.
If this sounds like your cup of tea, read on. Here’s our guide to planning the perfect anniversary at home.
Drinks to stock up on
Nothing says celebration like a few drinks, so make sure your cupboard is well-stocked for your night in. Does your ‘SO’ have a favourite tipple? Now is your cue to nip to the shop so you can delight them with a glass.
If you’re looking for some new beverages to add some intrigue and indulgence to your stay-versary, you’ve come to the right place. We know a thing or two about drinks to mark an occasion, so here are our top picks…
For gin lovers, explore our twist on the traditional tipple:
- Cacao Gin – London gin infused with cacao. Malty yet fruity with an uplifting finish and toasted edge. It features five botanicals: macadamia, juniper, coriander, orange, and grapefruit. Serve with your favourite tonic.
Searching for a gin liqueur to remember? Ours taste splendid whether they’re served with a simple tonic or used to put a spin on a classic cocktail:
- Cherry & Raspberry Gin – natural cherry and raspberry shine in this perfectly balanced and nuanced gin. Of course, this gin is also distilled with cacao to add that subtly malty edge.
- Mango & Passionfruit Gin – looking for a gin with a healthy dose of sunshine? We’ve found your perfect match. Bold citrus flavours paired with infused cacao nibs create a glorious, aromatic concoction.
See our guide on making the best gin cocktails and you can turn your anniversary into a fun cocktail-making event.
Luxurious Chocolat Creams
If you’d rather opt for the most indulgent of all our tipsy creations, it has to be our Chocolat Creams…
- Chocolat Cream – vodka, chocolate and cream, velvetised. Experience deep cacao notes and warming alcoholic undertones. Our award-winning treat is devilishly sublime.
- Salted Caramel Chocolat Cream – sumptuously smooth caramel and rich cacao with a dash of sea salt, velvetised with vodka and cream. The perfect choice for fans of dulce de leche.
- Salted Caramel & Clementine Chocolat Cream – our Salted Caramel Chocolat Cream, but with a natural citrus tang. Refreshing and satisfying. A truly decadent tipple.
We may be a little biased, but we’re pretty sure our drinks are some of the most luxurious and refined on the market. If you fancy exploring our whole range of tipples, see our alcohol gifts collection.
Fun games to play
When staying at home for your anniversary, you’re going to need some entertainment. While you could easily spend the evening chatting away, making a home-cooked meal, or getting stuck into any of these other romantic activities, it always pays to have some fun games up your sleeve.
Is there a board game you played together early on in your relationship? Challenge your partner to another game (and see who the winner is this time). Have they mentioned a favourite game that they play with their family at Christmas or on birthdays? Surprise them with their own version and ask them if they’d like to play. They’ll be delighted that you remembered!
And if board games aren’t your thing, you could host a blindfolded chocolate tasting. Not only is this a fantastic excuse to eat some luxurious chocolates, but you’ll also be able to giggle with your partner along the way.
Packed full of classic cakes and bakes reimagined in chocolate, the Patisserie Sleekster Luxe is our favourite box to use for blind chocolate tastings. For a smaller selection, our Exuberantly Fruity H-Box and Summer Desserts H-Box are also packed with chocolates destined to intrigue any lucky taster.
Of course, no anniversary is complete without a romantic gesture. This might seem daunting, but it could include anything from a box of their favourite chocolates to an in-person chocolate experience.
Everyone says that it’s the thought that counts, but with Hotel Chocolat, you can make sure their gift is one they’ll cherish, too!
This being said, your gesture doesn’t have to be material. If your partner loves it when you do the chores, adores your massages, or melts when you play the guitar, you can show your affection in these deeply personal ways.
Small gift ideas
If you’re meeting up for your anniversary at home and there’s a chance they’ve bought you a gift, it’s worth having a small something up your sleeve — just in case!
For a range of adorable small treats, specially designed to melt their heart, see our Small Chocolate Packs. Likewise, our Anniversary Gifts is a curated selection of presents that will convey your love and help you celebrate your special day.
However you’re celebrating your anniversary at home, try not to worry about the details. Focus on your partner, go with the flow, and don’t be afraid to go off-piste if they have some fun ideas.