The perfect winter warmer…
Difficulty: Not so hard
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 65 minutes
- 50g Hotel Chocolat Dark Chocolate Drops
- 110g plain flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 110g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 125ml skimmed milk
- 1 egg
- 75g hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp Hotel Chocolat Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- Butter, for greasing
- Melt the chocolate drops in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water, stirring occasionally.
- Put the flour, baking powder, caster sugar, cocoa powder, milk and egg in a food processor or mixer and blend for 1 minute at low speed.
- Add the melted chocolate and blend for 1 minute at high speed. Fold in the hazelnuts.
- Lightly grease four 175ml pudding basins or dariole moulds with butter. Spoon the chocolate mixture into the basins and cover each one with a piece of greaseproof paper and foil, then secure with string.
- Place the puddings on a rack set in the bottom of a large saucepan. Pour enough just-boiled water into the pan to come three-quarters of the way up the sides of the basins.
- Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid and simmer over a medium-low heat for 1 hour, topping up with more water if necessary, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of a pudding comes out clean. Carefully remove the puddings from the pan and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Turn out the puddings onto serving plates. Pour the Chocolate Hazelnut Spread over the puddings and serve.
FOR THE SHOPPING LIST…
- Chocolate Hazelnut Spread Our classic praline spread, made with smooth, soulful chocolate and delicious hazelnut.