Finding the best summer drink to quench your thirst is a perfect way to relax and enjoy some much-needed sun. But what is the best summer’s drink, and how do you make it?
The memories of drinks in the summertime always evokes happy, blissful memories. Whether you’re sipping on a refreshing cocktail on a sun lounger, or enjoying a glass of wine with friends at dusk, enjoying a summer drink is one of life’s simple pleasures. Whatever your drink of choice is, don’t feel like you have to go out to a bar to be able to enjoy it: we’ve recreated some of the nation’s favourite alcoholic drinks, so that you can enjoy your favourite drink without even leaving the house.
For the sunbathers
A hot, long summer’s day begs for a fruity, refreshing drink. A cocktail is the perfect quencher; cooling yet zingy, you can make it as strong – or as weak – as you want by adjusting the amount of alcohol you add. For a drink that sends you to tropical islands with each sip, our Mango Bellini Cocktail can be mixed up in a matter of seconds:
- 100ml Hotel Chocolat Prosecco
- 25ml Mango Puree (you can either buy it ready made or make it yourself by blending a mango)
- Spoon 25ml or 1tbsp of Mango Puree in the bottom of your class
- Top up with 100ml of Hotel Chocolat Prosecco
- Mix well with a spoon or cocktail stirrer
For the summer party entertainers
If you’re holding a summer party, having pitchers of a refreshing, alcoholic drink that everyone can enjoy is one of the signs of a good host. Try and make up a few jugs of a crowd pleasing drink: we think a good old fashioned G&T makes the perfect pitcher:
- 500ml Cocoa gin
- Tonic water to taste
- Ice, orange peel and fresh raspberries (or you could also use cucumber and lemon)
- Add ice and raspberries to the jug, and pour over your gin
- Add tonic water to taste
- Garnish with orange peel
- If you prefer a weaker drink, use less gin and add more tonic
For the late-nighters
The sun is setting, and the night asks for something a little stronger. An indulgent summer drink is the perfect way to end the day: look for a drink with rich, opulent flavours. Our Vegan 100% Dark Soother Cocktail lifts opulent salted caramel with warming orange notes to recreate classic chocolate orange flavours:
- 50g 100% Dark Chocolate Flakes
- 37.5ml Salted Caramel Vodka
- 37.5ml Coconut Milk
- 12.5ml Orange-Flavoured Triple Sec Liqueur
- 3 Drops of Chocolate Bitters
- Cocoa Nibs for garnishing
- Pour the 100% Dark chocolate flakes into a steel cocktail shaker. Place the shaker into a bowl of hot water. Stir flakes until the chocolate has melted.
- When smooth add the Coconut Milk, Orange-Flavoured Triple Sec Liqueur, Salted Caramel Vodka and 3 Drops of Chocolate Bitters
- Stir together with the melted chocolate until smooth
- Add ice and the cocktail shaker lid. Shake well.
- Pour contents into desired glass. Garnish with a pinch of Cocoa Nibs.
For the everyday drinkers
If you’re looking for a summer drink that requires less effort, then our Cocoa Beer is a twist on classic: we use toasted cocoa notes with our malt beer to add deep undertones, ideal for sipping on with friends over a BBQ.
Our Vintage Red Wine is a rich and spicy red wine, crafted by a boutique winery in the Alentejo region of Portugal. Its deep flavours means it pairs with red meats beautifully, making this the perfect drink to enjoy at a BBQ, or even late at night in front of the TV.
Whether you like to get creative with your summer drinks, or prefer to opt for well known classics, our alcohol range will let you enjoy your summer’s day the right way.
Salted Caramel Double Trouble
In this second video from David, our chef extraordinaire & inventive genius (he’s the brain behind our Chocolat Cream Liqueur & Velvetiser) he shares how to make Salted Caramel cocktails in your Velvetiser. Everything you’ll need is below. These measurements make 2.
- 100ml Salted Caramel Cocao Vodka
- 1 Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Single Serve
- 220ml Milk
- 10/12 ice cubes
Make a regular Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate using your Velvetiser. Pop the ice cubes, the Salted Caramel Vodka, and your Velvetised Hot Chocolate into a cocktail shaker, cover securely and shake for 30 seconds. Serve in a tumbler immediately and enjoy.