Amanda Grant's Hot Chocolate Recipe
A smooth comforting hot chocolate drink which is equally delicious cold.
Melt the chocolate slowly over a pan of simmering water.
Take off the heat and give the chocolate a gentle stir with a wooden spoon until it is smooth and glossy.
Heat the milk gently in a saucepan until it is about to boil, but don't let it actually boil
Remove from the heat and pour a little onto the chocolate, stirring constantly with a whisk until you have a thick paste.
Pour on the rest of the milk, whisking as you do so, until the mixture is slightly frothy.
Carefully pour into mugs and spoon the whipped cream on top, if liked.
Finish with the marshmallows and a sprinkle of cocoa.
Serves: 4 people
- Ease of preparation: Easy
- Preparation time: 1 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 11 minutes
- 100g Dark or Milk Chocolate (or half of each) in pieces
- 600ml Full Fat Milk (or Semi-Skimmed if you prefer)
- 75ml Double Cream - softly whipped (optional)
- 12 Marshmallows
- A little Cocoa Powder to dust
Buy the Hotel Chocolat
Add to your Bag
Check store stock
Save to recipe binder
ingredients in this recipe
What people are saying
Be the first to comment