Hazelnut & Pecan Brownies Recipe
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease and line the base of a 20cm/8in baking tin (pan).
Melt the dark chocolate drops and butter in a large heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water, stirring occasionally.
Remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the sugar, beaten eggs and vanilla seeds. Fold in the flour and baking powder then add the pecan nuts, hazelnuts, coconut and milk and white chocolate drops.
Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tin (pan) and bake until the top is firm but the centre is still slightly soft when pressed lightly, about 30–35 minutes. Leave the brownies to cool in the tin on a wire rack and cut into 12 squares.
Serves: 6 people
- Ease of preparation: Medium
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour
- 200g/7oz/1¾ sticks unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 220g/7¾oz/1¼ cups Hotel Chocolat Dark Chocolate Drops
- 200g/7oz/scant 1 cup caster (superfine) sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways and seeds scraped out
- 150g/5½oz/scant 1¼ cups plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder, sifted
- 75g/2½oz/¾ cup pecan nuts, broken into pieces
- 75g/2½oz/heaped ½ cup whole hazelnuts
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 75g/2½oz/scant ½ cup Hotel Chocolat Milk Chocolate Drops
- 75g/2½oz/scant ½ cup White Chocolate Drops
Buy the Hotel Chocolat
Add to your Bag
Check store stock
Save to recipe binder
ingredients in this recipe
What people are saying
The easiest brownies I've ever made and definitely the best! To die for 😋😊
Emma, Preston said on 06/11/2015
I had the Aztec chilli hot chocolate and it's the best I've had! Smooth rich chocolate with a nice finishing kick of chilli. Simply delicious. A wonderful experience that I would recommend to all those partial to chilli and chocolate...
Jenny, Denmark said on 21/06/2014