E Commerce / Corporate Controller
E Commerce / Corporate Controller
Level: Supervisor / Coordinator
Department: Supply Chain
Reports to: Fulfilment Manager
Location: St Neots with occasional travel to other sites
Hours: 40 Hours per week
Role & Responsibilities
- Responsible and accountable at all times for the successful delivery of the online and corporate channel processes.
- Hold site keys and alarm codes to open and close the site.
- Responsible for the site when they are the senior manager on site.
- Contribute fully to site wide objectives and tasks such as stock checks and projects.
- Engage and motivate fulfilment teams to achieve desired standards and outputs
- Use available forecasting to produce resource planning to deliver demand. Organise and manage as required.
- Develop and maintain good cooperation and communication between the Online Channel and the Brand Centre especially in relation to joint interest processes such as responding to customer feedback and/or concerns.
- Work with the Inventory Controller in relation to planning pick face layouts and the location of product lines within the pick walk sequence.
- Liase with other departments and stakeholders to optimise Channel processes.
- Control the Carrier collection schedule to ensure collection capacity and times are appropriate for demand.
- Measure and Manage performance to ensure compliance with service level agreements, KPI’s and required rates of work.
- Ensure the capture of data and creation and provision of analysis and management reports on request.
- Undertake short term resource planning.
- Co-ordinate and control the order of necessary supplies/consumables for channel.
- Analyze data to monitor performance and plan improvements to the channel processes.
- Recommend capital expenditures for acquisition of new equipment in order to increase efficiency and services.
- Manage costs through process efficiency and driving performance.
- Ensure systems are in place to control the loss of stock, poor administration, handling, error and waste within the channel.
- Ensure systems are in place to control and monitor security of the department within set guidelines.
- Ensure systems are in place to maximize efficiency whilst maintaining required quality standards.
- Ensure that all administrative requirements are met and tasks are completed and submitted on time and in line with company expectations.
- Analyze data and other information to identify and implement process and service improvements within the channel.
- Provide consultation and advice to Line Manager - providing guidance and expert advice to management or other groups on technical, systems, or process, warehouse-related topics.
- Ensure completion of performance/target boards on time and to standard.
- Ensure that relevant plans, instructions and other handover information is passed from shift to shift within the channel.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with peers to share best practice and create awareness of issues throughout the distribution centre/business
- Report appropriately to Line Manager any occurrence, deviation from plan or other significant event that could have a detrimental impact on the operation.
- Ensure the general Health, safety and welfare of staff within the channel and in the wider operation.
- Maintain Health and Safety, Environmental and Security standards highlighting any potential improvements.
- Escalate any maintenance requirements and repair needs of vehicles, machinery and/or equipment.
- Secure the building and site in line with training received when appropriate to do so.
- Ensure that GMP hygiene standards are maintained at the required level.
- Operate and apply the policies of the company in relation to all aspects of staff management including disciplinaries, absence, grievance, conduct and performance improvement obtaining appropriate support from HR department and operational management team.
- Develop performance of direct reports via appraisal process, personal development plans and regular 121s.
- Manage annual leave taking into account resource planning and business needs.
- Use the framework of company core values to provide constructive feedback, coaching and support for direct reports to develop them and ensure they are effective including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Support conflict resolution - handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Manage resource and succession plans to effectively recruit, induct, assess and develop team members as required.
- Embrace the company training initiatives and ensure that training follow-up is undertaken so that team members understand expectations and that they make improvements as a result of the training attended.
- To ensure company confidentiality is maintained at all times only releasing confidential information during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement; driving efficiency, effectiveness and flexibility.
- Evaluate feedback from the process and customer against organisational goals.
Skills & Qualifications
- Good MS office skills
- Effective people manager
- Familiar with stock systems and WMS
- Commercially focused, consumer orientated and customer service driven.
- Self-motivated and able to motivate team.
- Methodical with good attention to detail.
- Embraces change – able to work within an evolving organisation.
- Lead by example and acts professionally at all times.
- Knows, accepts and follows all policies and procedures.
- Trains and coaches all team members.
- Practices and encourages team work and communication.
- Is knowledgeable and passionate about the Hotel Chocolat brand.
- Uses initiative.
- Results driven.
- Picked order accuracy to be X% (Qty, Sku,Date)
- Orders despatched on time to be X%
- Urgent requests actioned within Xhrs of receipt
- Orders issued off by X hrs
- All orders correctly labelled and despatched
- Agreed rates of work achieved