We've streamlined our range of products (for now) so that we can work more safely and smoothly in our Distribution Centre and continue to bring you happiness through chocolate. Shop all available products here.
Sorry, it appears you are using a browser that is no longer supported by Hotel Chocolat. Please upgrade your browser to a newer version to continue a secure shopping experience.
Find us on Frederick Street, off Princes Street, less than 10 minutes' walk from Edinburgh Waverley
In view of Edinburgh Castle, our intimate café is the perfect place to stop for a rest after a long day shopping on George Street, while our shop epitomises the best of what the city has to offer. We're nestled in the middle of the shopping district, and have easy access to the beautiful Royal Mile.OUR CAFE CLOSES HALF AN HOUR BEFORE THE STORE CLOSES.
After being a loyal customer for many years, I'm excited to finally work here. I've met some great customers and fellow employees, and I enjoy trying something new every day. Our Gianduja Bombes are a long-standing favourite of mine and my first recommendation to our vegan guests!
The Chocolatier's Table
Our team love this product simply because it features so many different types of chocolate. Guests can try a vast array of the devilishly delicious chocolates that we make, and it's ideal as a centrepiece and talking point at any dinner party.
Ice Cream Of The Gods
Instead of making an ordinary chocolate ice cream, we infused ours with pure roasted cocoa.
We decided to call this recipe the Ice Cream of the Gods, not just for the heavenly flavour notes, but after the name of the cocoa plant itself: Theobroma cacao, which translates literally as 'cocoa, food of the gods'.
The café closes half an hour before the store closes.
Keep your eyes peeled for some selected dates where we'll be opening our doors after hours and inviting just 10 guests in for an exclusive secret tasting! You'll be greeted with a glass of Prosecco as well as your Secret Card entitling you to £10 off anything you purchase on the night! Selected stores apply.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you – and each other – back to most of our UK locations from 15th June. We know these are strange times, so we’re doing all we can to make the transition as easy and relaxed as possible, while making health and safety our top priority. That’s why we’ve gone through a risk assessment with our employees, and we’re taking the following precautions in line with government guidance
• A limited number of guests will be allowed in our stores at any one time – staff will be on hand managing this for you.
• Hand sanitiser is available for all guests and staff.
• We’ve installed Perspex screens at checkout and provided PPE for our teams.
• We prefer contactless payments; please use your card or smartphone whenever you can.
• Drinks & Ices will be served, but will be takeaway only.
• For now, our water bottle refill and reusable cup discount schemes are suspended.
• We aren’t yet able to start accepting items for our plastic recycling scheme again.
• We aren’t able to offer sampling right now.
• Our locations have been deep cleaned, and regular cleaning will take place throughout the day.
Opening hours may be a little different from usual, so contact the store directly if you need to know more.
Thanks for your understanding. We’ll see you soon – with chocolate!