Mango Crème Brulee Recipe
The classic recipe with a twist, cacao infused brûlée with papaya-mango coulis.
- For the mango and papaya jelly
Place the gelatine in a measuring jug with approximately 1 litre of cold water and leave to rehydrate for about 5 minutes, then drain and set aside.
Now make the fruit coulis – by blending all of the fruit and the sugar syrup together in a food mixer. Measure out 200g of the coulis for this recipe and put aside the remainder for use elsewhere.
Bring 200g of fruit coulis briefly to the boil, remove it from the heat and add the drained gelatine.
Mix until the gelatine has completely dissolved.
Using a small ladle, put the coulis into glasses (about 35g per glass, equivalent to 1 small ladle).
Leave to set overnight.
- For the Crème Brûlée
Infuse the cream with the nibs overnight.
Add the gelatine in a plastic container with some cold water.
Bring the cream and nibs to the boil.
Mix the sugar and egg yolks together, and when the cream is boiling add the yolks and sugar. Mix well and put it back into the pots. Cook them just until simmering.
A dd the drained gelatine and mix to dissolve. Then sieve it to remove the nibs, ensuring there is no overcooked yolk.
Cool it down and when the temperature is around 35?C place it on top of the jelly.
Leave it for a minimum of 12 hours in order to completely set.
To finish, remove the glasses from the fridge 15 minutes before caramelising the top (otherwise you will risk breaking the glasses).
Place a small pinch of caster sugar on top and burn it very gently.
Serves: 5 people
- Ease of preparation: Moderately Difficult
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 575g Whipping Cream
- 58g Sugar
- 240g (approximately 12) egg yolks
- 4g gelatine leaves
- 25g Hotel Chocolat Panned Cocoa Nibs Super Boosters (Milk or Dark)
- 5 tsp Caster Sugar
- For the Mango & Papaya Coulis:
- You will only require 200g of fruit for the coulis - the following quantities represent the minimum that can be effectively made in a food mixer.
- Use the remainder for ice cream for a simple, but delicious dessert!
- 150g fresh Mango - peeled and roughly chopped
- 150g fresh Papaya - peeled and roughly chopped
- 165g Sugar Syrup
- For the Jelly:
- 2g Gelatine Leaves - bronze
- 2.5g Gelatine Leaves - silver
What people are saying
Be the first to comment