Marmalade and Ginger Steamed Puddings Recipe
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
Cream the butter and sugar in a food processor until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, then fold in the orange zest and preserved ginger. Gradually fold in the flour and ground ginger until combined.
Lightly grease six 175ml pudding basins or dariole moulds with butter and line the base of each one with greaseproof paper. Divide the marmalade between each mould, then top with the pudding batter.
Place in a roasting tin and pour in enough just-boiled water to come halfway up the sides of the basins. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the pudding comes out clean. Carefully remove from the tin and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
Turn the sponges out onto serving plates. Sprinkle with the orange zest and Classic Liquid Chocolat and serve.
Serves: 6 people
- Ease of preparation: Easy
- Preparation time: 25 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 55 minutes
- 200g soft unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 200g light muscovado sugar or light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 60g piece of preserved ginger, coarsely chopped
- 200g self-raising flour, sifted
- Quarter of a tsp ground ginger
- 115g orange marmalade
- Strips of orange zest and Classic Hot Chocolate, to decorate
Buy the Hotel Chocolat
Add to your Bag
Check store stock
Save to recipe binder
ingredients in this recipe
What people are saying
Be the first to comment