10 YEARS AT HOTEL CHOCOLAT WATFORD
- Hotel Chocolat Scoop 14 Wins At The Academy Of Chocolate Awards
- Journey Of A Winning Chocolate
- Blooming Daffodils - Explore Easter
- Buffalo Milk & Biodynamics
- Join Us For A Chocolate Lock In
- Fruit & Veg: What's In Season And How To Use It
- #Mustwatch Christmas Movies
- Lights, Cameras, Spoons. Our New A-List Bafta Dessert
- 10 YEARS AT HOTEL CHOCOLAT WATFORD
- Boing! Hopping Up With Easter Egg Hunt Ideas
- Halloween Games For Little Ones
- 5 Special Ways To Surprise Your Loved One This Valentine's Day
- Hotel Chocolat Turns Bean Into Bar From A Paradise HQ In St Lucia
- Our First Ever No Added Sugar Milk Chocolate
- Autumn & Winter Hot Chocolates
- How To Make The Best British Beer
- Imagination To Christmas Creations
- Adventures In Chocolate
- Not Another Chocolate Ice Cream: The Story Of Our Cacao Nib Soft Serve
- Thank You - From Ghana
- Romantic Valentine's Day Experiences For Couples
Hotel Chocolat’s Watford store manager, Jenny, has been with the company since we opened our first retail site 10 years ago! We caught up with her to find out some of her highlights of the last decade.
It’s the little things that count, but that doesn’t mean we won’t go above and beyond on the most romantic day of the year. Whether you’re staying in, going out or sweeping them off their feet this Valentine’s Day, these bolts from the blue will remind them how much they mean to you.
What’s your very first Hotel Chocolat memory?
“Probably setting up the selector bay the day before we opened. I was staring at all of the packets as I put them on the shelf thinking…..I need to try this one…and this one!! I had never seen a chocolate shop before and never heard of Hotel Chocolat. Their concept amazes me still to this day, It is so original and I love the success it has had and continues to have. I remember walking passed the hoarding and thinking ‘What on earth is that? A whole shop of chocolate? I have to work there!’”.
How has the company changed in the past 10 years?
“It has definitely become more commercial as it has grown, and the products have developed over the years. It has always been exciting though; there is always that feeling of ‘what’s next?’, and I still don’t want to miss a thing! I am glad we are making things more simple as I do feel sometimes we can over complicate when our products and service speak for themselves. I am a bit of a secret hoarder and kept all the brochures since we opened. It is lovely to see where we were and where we are now, such as Hot chocolate used to come in solid balls of chocolate and now they are decadent flakes. It also has a structured recruitment plan rather than a chat with Angus on a bench in the shopping centre!”.
Which chocolate is your all time favourite?
“There have been so many over the years! But I think my first ‘Favourite’ one was Praline Fish which we used to sell in an impulse bag for £3.95. The Chocolate Labrador with bones comes a close second!”
Why not find your nearest Hotel Chocolat store today and pop in to sample our free Taste of the Month?